Have you gone through Kaya Pola which was recently posted. This is a sister of its version. Typically has it's origin from North Kerala. I had mentioned that there are many varieties of Pola..Apple Pola, Rava Pola.. These are sweet cakes which are rich in eggs and usually prepared on stovetop. They are also served as sweet cake during Ramzan for Ifthar Parties . Carrot Pola is obviously prepared using carrot as it's second ingredient following eggs.. Usually Polas are prepared with 5-6 eggs. But I prefer to cut down its number as I don't want it to be heavy. So this calls for a recipe with minimum number of eggs. No , you cannot prepare with two eggs!
- Carrot diced: 1 large or 2
- Milk powder: 4 tbsp
- Egg: 3
- Sugar: 1/4 cup or 4 tbsp
- Cardamom powder : a pinch
- Ghee : 2 tbsp
- Salt : a pinch
- Cashew nuts: 3-5
- Baking soda: a pinch ( optional)
Method:1. Cook the diced carrots in water. Drain when cooking is done.
2. In a blender, add cooked carrots, milk powder, sugar, cardamom powder. Add sugar if required
3. In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee and roast cashews. Remove the cashews. Pour the prepared batter into the pan. Cover with a lid. Heat the pan in a low flame. You can place another tawa below the pan to prevent from burnt. You can add cashews on top.
4. After 10- 15 min, insert a knife into the batter. If it comes out clean , it says you are done .
5. Switch off flame and flip it onto serving plate. And serve!