Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

You Can also Receive Free Email Updates:

Powered By NBT

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

You Can also Receive Free Email Updates:

Powered By NBT

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

You Can also Receive Free Email Updates:

Powered By NBT

Yardlong bean / Achinga Payar mezhukupuratti


Pacha_Payar_Mezhukupuratty
                   
                         This recipe is from my mom's kitchen. She is a great cooks. Loves experimenting different dishes no matter from any region. I had no interest in cooking earlier and used to think why I am not like my mom. She encourages me alot but my laziness never let me prepare a single dish. But now, whenever I cook something, I think of her and whenever I my dish comes out well, my heart gives a grateful smile for her. She has always been my inspiration.



Ingredients :
  1. Achinga Payar (yard long bean) : 1 bunch
  2. Shallots : 6 , crushed (see note )
  3. Garlic : 3 pods , crushed
  4. Red chillies : 2 , crushed
  5. Coconut Oil : 2-3 tbsp (enhances the flavor when its coconut oil )
  6. Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
  7. Curry leaves : a few
Method :
  1. Break down the long beans into 1'' long pieces.
  2. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutters add shallots,garlic,red chillies and curry leaves. Saute until they get cooked and raw smell goes.
  3. Add achinga payar and mix well.
  4. Add 1 tbsp of water and let it cook covered for sometime. Check in between to give it a stir so that it doesn't get burnt. Cook till the beans look soft
Note :
  • I have tried to use precooked beans. But trust me, my above method gives more flavor.
  • You can use the grinder for crushing garlic and shallots. But I prefer crushing in a mortar. I believe it gives a different appearance and taste to the food.
  • Water used in this recipe is very little. Sprinkling will be much preferred

Pacha_Payar_Mezhukupuratty

by Nilofer Ajmal
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...